New Year Resolutions For 2017

Hiya guys, and happy 2017!!

It's finally 2017! Whoop whoop! I know everyone is saying how bad 2016 was, with all those celebrities dying, and Brexit and all that... but actually for me it was a pretty good year! I got my first boyfriend (and my first ex but that's a different story), started y8, got my braces, done lots of dance exams, and grew a lot personally and physically. Thinking back to this time last year, I can't believe how much I have changed!

Do you make New Years resolutions?

I do. Most people only make three, but, being me, I have to go that extra step. Last year I did 18, but this year I did 27. Yes. 27. It's probably because there's so much in my life that I want to change... I won't bore you with all of them but here's my 5 most important ones...

•have more self confidence
•try and make my friend Christian
•get my forward walkover
•get over £20 in my bank (that doesn't sound like much but I spend faster than Taylor Swift breaks up with her boyfriend 😳)
•get at least 20 subscribers to this blog (please do this for meπŸ™πŸ»)

How I do this is I have 7 sections - family, socially, physically, mentally, spiritually, financially and emotionally. In each section I have at least 3 resolutions under that topic. For example

•have more self confidence (emotionally)
•try and make my friend Christian (spiritually)
•get my forward walkover (physically)
•get over £20 in my bank (financially)
•get at least 20 subscribers to this blog (socially)
•look after my (2 year old) sister more often (family)
•make a good start to y9 (mentally)

They weren't great examples. Basically...

Emotionally = to do with emotion and self esteem
Spirituality = to do with religion (you don't have to do this one if you’re  not religious)
Physically = to do with your body
Financially = to do with money
Socially = to do with people or media
Mentally = to do with learning or school/work

I go really OTT with new year resolutions. You see I also made a list compromising 16 things I want to be more/less like by the end of the year - 8 things to be more like and 8 things to be less like. For example more generous, less selfish, more confident, less of a liar, etc. These are some values I'm going to try to stick by for the whole year.

And there's more! I made a kind of calendar, under every month I write a list of thing s I want to have achieved by the end of this month. E.g June: get 5 followers on my blog and get over 85% on all my tests.

I really hope that this has helped you with your resolutions and I hope that you have an amazing year!

Question of the day: What are your new year resolutions? Answer in the comments below!

Lots of love,
Young and Enquiring x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confidence: How To Boost Your Self Esteem

Book Review - Feel The Fear

The Other Side Of The Mirror: Chapter Four