Piano Tutorials : The Hanging Tree

Hey guys!

So I was thinking about this blog, and since its supposed to be a lifestyle blog, I feel like I need more varied content. I already cover song lyrics, book reviews, random top 10s, fashion, hair and all that, but one of the other main things that I love to do is play piano.

Does anyone else ever get really annoyed by this? Often I really want to learn a new song or piece to play, but i've already tried to work it out myself and its just not right, and i've been searching on the internet for hours trying. to find the right notes! Well I want to stop this for other people - if this happens to you I will try my best to find the notes for you and put them on my blog! Please comment or contact me if you have a request.

So in the meantime, I will post the songs I already know in case you just want a song, any song, but you don't know what!

I'll start off with The Hanging Tree (from The Hunger Games - I am OBSESSED with that series right now!!) but I'll probably post lots today...


The chords will be above the lyrics, and the melody below.

       A           D+      A                    E
Are you, are you, coming to the tree
G    A     C+ D+    A    A    A G   E

   A               D+     A
I strung up a man, say he murdered three
G  A      A  C+ D+ A    A A     G         A

E+                            D+                         A                         E
Strange things have happened here, no stranger would it be
E+         D+     C+    D+   C+   A       G   A   A       A      G  E


          A        D+          A
If we met at midnight in the hanging tree
G  G  A    C   D G       A   A A   G      A



The other verses are the same but the melody goes
G A C D E E D C A G
G A A C D E E D C A
E G E D C A G A A A G E
G A C D D A A A G A

Lyrics for other verses:

Are you, are you coming to the tree
Where dead man called out for his love to flee...

Are you are you coming to the tree
Where I told you to run so we'd both be free...

Are you, are you coming to the tree
Wear a necklace of hope side by side with me...

I hope that you found that useful, please tell me if there's any other song that you would like!

Question of the Day: What musical instruments do you play? Answer in the comments below!

Young and Enquiring x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confidence: How To Boost Your Self Esteem

Book Review - Feel The Fear

The Other Side Of The Mirror: Chapter Four